Frustrating battery issues afflict some recent Samsung flagship phones
- The iPhone is one of the most popular and iconic devices ever made and continues to be Apple’s most important product, but there will come a time when a different type of device might replace the iPhone and smartphones in general.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg alluded to such a future in an interview with YouTube sensation Marquees Brownlee where the two discussed Facebook’s foray into virtual and augmented reality.
- While Zuckerberg was careful to criticize Apple or the iPhone openly, he did hint that the future of communication might not involve physical screens, and made no secret that Facebook is going to compete in that landscape.
Apple’s Apple Watch keynote and Sony’s PS5 price and release date reveal have been the most important tech events of the week...Read More
- Replacing Chadwick Boseman as King T’Challa/Black Panther will be a difficult task for Marvel, and the studio has yet to announce how it will move forward with Black Panther 2.
- The fans of the actor have already voiced their desires online, urging Disney not to recast T’Challa, and have a different actor replace Boseman. The easiest way out would be for Marvel to pass the Black Panther mantle to Shuri, which is what happens in the comics.
- Marvel would still have to explain the disappearance of T’Challa.
- Here we explain how a heroic death of the king while wearing the Black Panther armor one last time could work and why Marvel should film a post-credits scene to bring closure to his story.
Chadwick Boseman passed away three weeks ago after a secret battle with cancer, and his unti...Read More
- Netflix is adding 16 new shows, movies, and specials in the fourth week of September.
- The fourth and final spectacular season of The Good Place joins the Netflix library this week, along with a new season of The Chef Show and a movie about Sherlock Holmes’ little sister.
- All five seasons of the CBS drama Person of Interest are being removed this week as well.
Most of the time, a new or returning Netflix original grabs my attention in this weekly write-up, but today, I can’t help but fixate on the fact that the fourth (and final) season of The Good Place is finally here. From the very same Michael Schur that had a hand in The Office and co-created Parks and Recreation, The Good Place is a very different kind of show, but has an unbeatable cast, a stellar sense of humor, and enough h...Read More
- Space science researcher Gareth Dorrian runs down his top four worlds with the possibility of hosting life.
- Planets like Mars and icy moons like Europa could hold life in some form, though we don’t know yet what form they could take.
- Missions to most of these worlds are already either happening or are planned for the future.
It wasn’t long ago that most science fans had written off the possibility of finding life in our solar system. At the time it was already clear that Mars was a dusty, dry hellscape and that no other planet or Moon offered Earth-like conditions. In recent years, however, scientists have realized that extraterrestrial life may indeed exist within our system, we just have to know where to look.
Now, space science researcher Gareth Dorrian offers a rundown of th...Read More
- Churches and places of worship are particularly conducive to coronavirus spread, and a new study from Johns Hopkins researchers quantifies just how much that’s the case.
- The data in this study shows that people who visited a house of worship were some 16 times likelier to be infected with coronavirus during the study period.
- According to Johns Hopkins University, more than 6.6 million coronavirus infections have now been recorded in the US.
A church leader in Idaho who proudly described himself as a “no-masker” during one particular service at Candlelight Church in Coeur d’Alene — who has also expressed skepticism about coronavirus case data in general — is now in the hospital suffering from the COVID-19 virus.
That church leader is Paul Van Noy, and he’s actually been in t...Read More
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on
our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Of all the great daily deals out there on Sunday, there are 10 in particular that you really shouldn’t miss. Today’s roundup includes the biggest discount we’ve seen all year on 12-packs of Purell 16oz bottles plus 12-packs of Purell 8oz pump bottles sold directly by Amazon, FDA-authorized Powecom KN95 face masks that filter 99.2% of small airborne particles, NIOSH-approved Harley Brand N95 face masks, the lowest price ever — just 23¢ each — on Amazon’s best-selling 3-ply masks, a big one-day sale on Greenworks tools and Pennington grass seed, another big one-day blowout on top-rated cotton bed sheets, Kodak’s best mini portable projector at it...Read More
You probably have heard the name Intel before, but you might not be familiar with the name of Gordon Moore. The latter is the co-founder of Intel and is reportedly worth a cool $12 billion. But what Moore is known for is an observation that he made in the 1960s. He noticed that transistor densities doubled every other year which gave chip makers something of a roadmap and a goal. TSMC, the world’s largest independent foundry, stuffed a little over 52 million transistors into each square mm on chips made using its 10nm process (like 2017’s Snapdragon 835 for example). The Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform, which powers many Android flagship models this year, is built using the 7nm process which is equipped with nearly 100 million transistors per square mm.
Huang’s Law could be behind Nvidia’...Read More
- Amazon is the streaming provider at the top of our list of the most-watched TV shows this week, thanks to the service’s hit series The Boys.
- The series is an irreverent take on the superhero genre, and, per Amazon, shows what happens when “superheroes, who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as gods, abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good.”
- Season 2 of Amazon’s The Boys debuted earlier this month.
At one point during the just-released second season of Amazon’s hit series The Boys, one of the costumed heroes (named Starlight) gives a speech as her eyes start to fill with tears. A speech that, for me, perfectly encapsulates the kind of anti-hero, anti-Marvel Cinematic Universe feel of The Boys, wherein the good guys — yeah,...Read More
Samsung replaced Galaxy S20 Ultra’s DepthVision camera, which is its name for Time of Flight (ToF) sensors, with a laser autofocus sensor on the Galaxy Note 20. Various leaks had suggested the Galaxy S21(S30) will follow suit. A recent trademark filing spotted by Let’s Go Digital suggests otherwise.
The chaebol apparently had a couple of reasons for removing the camera from the Note 20 series. Firstly, the company seemingly doesn’t think the sensor serves a meaningful purpose at the moment.
Sony is to be blamed partially here if the report is to go by...Read More