People with iPhones and iPads, however, were more than pleased that they don’t have to wait for the next iPhone iteration to get the iOS 14 goods like the ability to swap default apps like Safari or Mail for, say, the Chrome for iOS 85.0.4183.109 update from from 10 Sep 2020 that was the first update to support that feature.
Change your iPhone’s stock browser from Safari to Chrome in iOS 14
Here’s how to change Safari with Chrome as the default browser on your iPhone or iPad:
- Download and install the latest version of Chrome for iOS from the App Store.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad, search for ‘Chrome’, or scroll down to the Chrome app settings.
- In Chrome’s settings page, chose the ‘Default browser’ option, then switch the checkmark from Safari to Chrome.
- Tab on a link in a website, and chose to open with Chrome.
- That’s it, your links will now open with Google’s Chrome browser, instead of Safari.
How to swap Safari for Chrome in iOS 14